Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day is Here, About to Go Vote

Living in New York, there is not the BUZZ here that you see in many of the swing states, and I doubt there will be any kind of a line at my own voting station. I have to admit a certain relief knowing this election is almost OVER. I feel as if I, and the nation have run a two year marathon, have been rung out to dry in this endurance contest, and now that Election Day is here, there is no elation, but instead a rush to JUST GET IT OVER WITH.

I have reservations, but I am going to vote for Obama as the lesser of two evils. I don't like McCain, and any chance he would have ever had in getting my vote, or at least getting me to stay home vanished when he put Sarah Palin on the ballot. She may have rejuvenated the Republican Base, but she conversely fired up many of us on the Democratic Side, gave many of us that were not happy with Obama (I supported Hillary) reason to plug back in and take a stand...sorry, but the thought of that Alaskan Wacko being a breath away from the presidency is unacceptable.

Let me go vote, and I'll be back on to live blog the election later in the day.

No comments: