Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Obama Presidency-The Work Begins

This race is over, Washington Scandal calling it early for Barack Obama. Perhaps the advantage of being a blogger, is no one will care if I am wrong. I think, and have called Indiana and Florida for Obama, and think we may see Obama pulling out Pennsylvania and Ohio when the numbers come in, and have not given up yet on either Virginia or North Carolina.

CNN has more numbers after the break, and I find myself moving on, beginning to put thought into what an Obama Administration will be like, what changes we will see as a nation as he prepares to take up residence in the White House.

One change we have already started to see...more black faces in the news media. This is not a good or bad thing, but think the networks have to be careful in their selections. For example, find CNN's decision to have a comedic news show at best odd. If I want to watch Comedic News I turn to the Comedy Channel, want to watch The Daily Show, and Steven Colbert. I go to CNN for SERIOUS NEWS.

Another OUCH for McCain...New Hampshire and its four Electoral Votes will go to Barack Obama. I should not be laughing, but I am! So much for all his Townhall Meetings, and his relationship with the people of New Hampshire...maybe now we can start being fair, giving OTHER STATES a chance to GO FIRST come the next Presidential Election in 2012.

Look for an end, or the beginning of the end of Affirmative Action under a Barack Presidency. Oddly, look for a huge fight when Barack Obama tries to grant Amnesty to illegal aliens, and when he tries to include Illegal Aliens in a Universal Health Care plan.

On the world stage, Obama will go into office with a lot of nations ready to give him, and America a NEW LOOK. What he does with that opportunity remains to be seen. Look for early overtures to Iran, Cuba and Venezuela. YEs, Venezuela...we need peace in our section of the world, and we need Venezuela's oil, and they are a strategic nation to have on our side when both China and Russia decide to cause trouble in the Western Hemisphere which they will.

Iraq...I believe Obama will find his hands have been tied by George Bush, and that our troops are burdened down there through at least 2011, but I am guessing we are tied down there in some significant fashion through at least 2014.

1 comment:

aiya said...

Thank you Office 2010
.I hope Microsoft Office 2010
I can improve Microsoft word
through learning this respect Office 2007
. But overall, it's Microsoft Office
very nice. Microsoft Office 2007
Thank you Office 2007 key
for Office 2007 Professional
your share Microsoft outlook 2010
!Thank you Windows 7.I hope Microsoft outlook
I can improve Office 2007 Professional
through learning this respect. But Office 2007 download
overall, it's very nice. Thank you Office 2007 key
for your share!